Difference between zinc plating, nickel plating and chromium plating of NdFeB powerful magnet
In Nd-Fe-B magnet electroplating, electroplating is generally divided into white zinc, blue zinc, color zinc, blue white zinc, nickel, black nickel, nickel, copper nickel and so on. It is widely used in manufacturing industry, especially for zinc plating, nickel plating and chromium plating. And zinc plating, nickel plating and chromium plating? The following NdFeB magnet manufacturer yaang.com to give you a detailed introduction of the difference between the three surface treatment of NdFeB magnet.
The differences between zinc plating, nickel plating and chromium plating of powerful magnets are as follows:
1. Different definitions:
- 1. Galvanizing refers to the surface treatment technology of plating a layer of zinc on the surface of metal, alloy or other materials for aesthetic and rust prevention. The protective and decorative properties of zinc coating can be significantly improved after passivation, dyeing or coating with light protecting agent.
- 2. Nickel plating is a method of plating a layer of nickel on metal or some non-metal by electrolysis or chemical method. Nickel plating is divided into electroless nickel plating and electroless nickel plating. Nickel plating has high stability in air. Due to its strong passivation ability, a thin passivation film can be quickly formed on the surface of nickel, which can resist the corrosion of atmosphere, alkali and some acids. The polished nickel coating can obtain a mirror like luster appearance and keep its luster for a long time in the atmosphere. Electroplating is mostly used for decoration.
- 3. The chromium coating has high hardness and good chemical stability, and does not act in alkali, sulfide, nitric acid and most organic acids.
2. Different appearance colors
- 1. Galvanized appearance is silver white.
- 2. The appearance of nickel plating is silvery white and yellowish.
- 3. Chrome plating is divided into decorative chrome and hard chrome, with bright white and blue appearance.
3. The function is different
- 1. The hardness of nickel coating is relatively high, which can improve the wear resistance of product surface. Nickel plating is usually used in the printing industry to improve the hardness of the lead surface.
- 2. Because zinc is not easy to change in dry air, dense zinc carbonate film can be formed on the surface in humid air, which can effectively protect the interior from corrosion. This plating method is especially suitable for all kinds of strong corrosive environment such as strong acid and alkali fog.
- 3. The chrome coating is thin, bright and beautiful. It is usually used as the outermost layer of multilayer plating. For protection purposes, zinc based or steel substrates must be plated with an intermediate layer of sufficient thickness and then plated on a bright intermediate layer of 0.25-0.5.
4. Different uses
- 1. Galvanizing is applied to screws, circuit breakers, industrial supplies, etc.
- 2. Nickel plating is used for energy saving lamp caps, coins, etc.
- 3. Chrome plating is applied to bright decorative parts and faucets of household appliances and electronic products.
- 1. The appearance color of galvanized products is silvery white and bluish, which has a good anti rust effect; because zinc is not easy to change in dry air, dense zinc carbonate film can be formed on the surface in humid air, which can effectively protect the interior from corrosion; although the galvanized products have certain anti rust and anti-corrosion properties, it is not recommended in some occasions with high technical requirements Use galvanized products.
- 2. The appearance color of chromium plating products is bright white; the appearance is bright, the wear resistance is good, the anti rust ability is not as good as galvanized products, and the chromium plating coating is thin, bright and beautiful. It is usually used as the outer layer of multilayer plating. For protection purposes, zinc based or steel substrates must be plated with an intermediate layer of sufficient thickness and then plated on a bright intermediate layer of 0.25-0.5.
- 3. The appearance color of nickel plated products is yellowish, and the hardness of nickel coating is relatively high, which can improve the wear resistance of the product surface, and has good corrosion resistance and rust resistance. Even in the humid coastal areas, it can be used for a long time. However, nickel plating products are relatively expensive and are often used in more expensive equipment and projects.
- The choice of plating surface is generally decided by the use environment of the magnet. If the use environment requirements are not high, there is no need to use a good plating layer. If you don’t understand, you can contact ymagnet.com.