What do you need to know about the use of magnets?
Precautions for use of NdFeB magnets
Neodymium iron boron material is characterized by hard and brittle, easy to absorb and bump. In the process of operation, attention should be paid to small specifications to avoid bumping and disability, and more attention should be paid to personal safety and protection for large specifications. When the magnet is assembled and fastened, mechanical means such as bolts or adhesive tools can be used.
- 1. In the process of using the magnet, the workplace should be clean to avoid iron filings and other small impurities adsorbing on the surface of the magnet, which will affect the normal use of the product.
- 2. Nd-Fe-B magnets are suitable to be stored in a ventilated and dry room. In acidic, alkaline, organic solvent, water, high temperature and humidity environment, the magnets are easy to rust, the coating falls off, and the magnets are powdered and demagnetized. We should pay more attention to the non electroplated products, which can be properly coated with oil to prevent rust during storage. This is also the main reason why we suggest that the surface of NdFeB magnet should be treated with anti-corrosion treatment.
- 3. The magnet should be kept away from magnetic disk, magnetic card, magnetic tape, computer monitor, watch and other objects sensitive to magnetic field, as well as electronic medical devices such as cardiac pacemaker, otherwise it is very dangerous.
- 4. The magnet material is hard and brittle. In the process of transportation and installation, it should be ensured that the magnet will not be severely impacted. If the method is improper, it is easy to cause the damage and crack of the magnet.
- 5. The magnet should be shielded when it is transported in magnetized state, especially when it is transported by air.
- 6. During the operation and assembly, it is necessary to carefully extract one by one to avoid collision and damage, and to prevent the flying debris generated by the magnet from entering the eyes and causing harm to human body.
- 7. Due to the strong magnetism of NdFeB, it is necessary to avoid the hands or other parts of the body being clamped by magnets during operation, and pay more attention to personal safety and protection for larger magnets.
- 8. The magnets with stronger magnetism (NdFeB and SmCo) should not be placed together with the magnets with weaker magnetism (AlNiCo and ferrite), especially should not be placed in opposite polarity, otherwise the magnets with weaker magnetism are easy to demagnetize.
- 9. Please don’t put the magnet where the child’s hand can reach, so as to avoid the child eating by mistake.
Precautions for use of ferrite magnet
Ferrite magnet because the magnetic force is not very strong, general harm to human body is not very big, but also pay attention to the use, easy to fall angle, broken!